For Parents, Educators and Students.
Know Your Rights: A Guide for Trans and Gender Nonconforming Students The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN) have put together this simple guide to inform gender nonconforming and transgender students (and their families and friends) about their rights.
Make It Safe A guide to serve as a resource for LGBTQ and allied students committed to combating bullying and creating a safe, more inclusive learning environment in Colorado schools.
Talking the talk: LGBTIQ Terms
That’s So Gay A guide to serve as a resource for educators, parents, and community members who are committed to addressing the pervasive problem of bullying and harassment in Colorado schools.
- The Colorado Anti-Violence Program is dedicated to eliminating violence within and against the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) communities in Colorado, and providing the highest quality services to survivors. – www.coavp.org
- Colorado GSA Network, the Colorado Gay-Straight Alliance Network is a program to empower lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning (LGBTQ) and allied students to combat bullying and harassment in their schools. – www.cogsanetwork.org
- Colorado Springs Pride (Your Pride Center) – www.COSPride.org
- Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network is a national nonprofit organization advocating for the safety of LGBT students. – www.glsen.org
- The GLBTA Chamber of Commerce – www.coloradospringsgaychamber.org
- Human Rights Campaign, the largest national lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization, works to ensure LGBT people have basic equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and in the community. – www.hrc.org
- One Colorado, is a statewide advocacy organization dedicated to securing and protecting equality and opportunity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) Coloradans and their families. – www.one-colorado.org
- PFLAG, Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) is a national non-profit organization with over 200,000 members and supporters and over 350 affiliates in the United States. This vast grassroots network is cultivated, resourced and serviced by the PFLAG National Office, located in Washington, D.C., the national Board of Directors and 13 Regional Directors. Check out the Colorado Springs Chapter! – www.cspflag.org
- Southern Colorado AIDS Project – www.s-cap.org
- TransFamily provides support, education, advocacy and outreach for transgendered community and allies of all ages. - www.transfamily.org
- Trevor Lifeline, 1-866-488-7386 the nation’s 24/7 LGBT crisis and suicide prevention hotline. – www.thetrevorproject.org
LGBT News Resources: